Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ahead of myself

I'm already planning my next project (ya know, after the flooring is replaced)....I might be getting ahead of myself or maybe I'm just being proactive.  But I guess you have to do things to be proactive, so it looks like I'm just putting the horse before the cart or carriage.  I can't remember which one it is.  Oh well. 

Next project:  Kitchen Redo

The kitchen looks something like this.....

(picture was taken before I moved in)

Of course now there are things (containers, cook books, etc.) all over the counters, a rug taking up the whole floor, and a picture leaning against the back wall.  Decorating at its finest.

Here are my plans for the space:

- remove popcorn ceiling (happened before I moved in.  thank goodness.)
- replace flooring (happening this weekend!)
- replace appliances (aka get rid of that awful looking stove)
- replace light fixture (no thank you on the florescent strip lighting)
- replace counter tops & sink
- remove upper cabinets on left side and replace with shelves
- remove microwave from above the stove and place on a shelf on the left side of the kitchen
- replace cabinet hardware
- enlarge the opening on left side of kitchen, which looks into living room
- paint walls!  how could I forget?!
- paint bottom cabinets....really excited to see how this turns out.
- possibly remove the wine rack above the frig that I will probably never use, but then what could I put there?

Here are some of my inspiration photos.


(found on pinterest but originally from BHG)
Loving the shelves and back splash. 

Darker lower cabinets, white upper cabinets. 

Microwave on upper shelving

And here are some tiny galley kitchens with S-T-Y-L-E.  These pictures are reassurance that it is possible to turn a tiny space into fabulousness.  I hope mine will look half as good as these.

If only I had pretty copper pots to display...

(via pinterest originally from House & Home)
This picture is of interior designer Michael Penney's kitchen.  The rest of his house is just as cute!  Go here to see that and his write-ups at Canadian House & Home.

I don't know why but I am drawn to this kitchen.  It is just lovely.

Wallpaper = love. love. love.

I don't know if you can ever go wrong with black and white.  Classic.

*All images from pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment