Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Orleans

So last weekend was my boyfriend's last weekend down in Mobile, AL.  He has lived there for a year and a half, and is now being transferred back up to Atlanta, where I live.  :-)   Anyhoo, a couple friends of the bf were visiting New Orleans, so I drove down to Mobile Friday night and then we drove over Saturday morning. 

I have to say that I wasn't too impressed with the city.  Granted I wasn't there that long, so all I was able to see was the French Quarter (which is a-not-so-clean-very-smelly-place).  I've heard the Garden District is very pretty, so next time I will hit up that area.  Also, on the to-do list next time is Acme Oysters and the Katrina Museum.  I didn't take that many pictures this time around.  I know.......FAIL, but here are some from the trip.
 
A cute little street we wondered down.

I L-O-V-E those little balconies with all the greenery.

A parade for someone who just got married.  So fun.

A wedding was about to take place in front of the fountain/church, but the boys wouldn't let us watch.  They said we weren't invited.  What do they know?

Me and R

Joel and Kathy

Kathleen and I later in the night at Art for Arts Sake.

All of us.  How cute are we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment