Since I've been M.I.A. for almost a week, I thought I would share some life happenings...
1. Last Thursday my dad and I went to the Falcons/Ravens game. Too bad the Falcons lost, because we had GOOOOD seats.
*Picture taken by yours truly.
2. I just hung around Atlanta this labor day weekend, so it was pretty uneventful. The boyfriend was on a hunting trip, so I enjoyed some time with the parents while they were still in town (they left yesterday on the first leg of their road trip). Since I stayed here, I decided it was necessary to finish at least ONE of the projects around the condo that I have managed to put off for two months. So, in typical Dara-style, I finished only one project....painting the living room/entry/hall area. I love it though! I am debating whether or not to paint the ugly bi-fold doors in the hall the same as the wall color. Maybe then they wouldn't be such an eye-sore....maybe.
3. The flooring is finished and it looks awesome! The pre-primed base board and shoe mold is installed as well. Pictures to come! I did fill-in the nail holes (not covered by furniture) with wood filler, so it really does look complete even if it isn't painted (shhh, don't tell anyone).
4. I purchased a new tv this weekend for my bedroom! Yay! I went to Best Buy without having done any research on tvs (rookie mistake), but I figured I could just look at reviews via phone when I was at the store. Long story short - I took a chance on an open-box model of this. Later that afternoon when unpacking, I discovered the power cord wasn't included. I called the Best Buy I purchased the tv from and they told me to come in and they would give me a power cord......score! Good customer service deserves a !.
5. I am a Georgia fan, and although I managed to sit through the entire game on Saturday night, it was a complete disaster.
6. On a related note, I am going to see the boyfriend this upcoming weekend. He is a South Carolina fan.....and SC plays UGA on Saturday. Ugh, the way SC stepped up in the second half last weekend, could be very very bad for UGA.
7. As a hobby, I am going to start taking pictures again. I took a photography class a couple of years ago to familiarize myself with my SLR camera, but haven't taken advantage of it like I should. Guess I should get that camera back from my aunt. Aunt Who-Doesn't-Read-This-Blog, beware.
I took this picture last spring at Atlanta Botanical Gardens via my Droid.
Ok, enough rambling for the day. Hope everyone has a delightful week!