Monday, September 12, 2011

We Will Never Forget

I wasn't able to post yesterday, but September 11th and its 10th anniversary are still on my mind.   


I can't help but think about the families that were touched by this event.  It is hard for me to understand how someone can have such much hate in their heart to be able to plan/participate in something this tragic. 

I want to thank all the service men and women out there who gave their lives to save others. 

This also leads me to my next point...an Atlanta based morning show called The Bert Show is starting their campaign called the Big Thank You


The goal is to send a hand written letter expressing your appreciation to every soldier who is deployed outside the United States on Thanksgiving day.  The radio show did this in 2007 and gathered 375,000+ letters for the troops.  This is a great activity if you are a teacher that your students can participate in.  I will send a letter to the The Bert Show, and I hope you will too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment